Thursday, January 21, 2016

Blanc à l'aise: quintessential blue and white

Hi lovelies!


This is my very first post and I'm super excited to start. Thanks for reading and I hope you'll be back to see what I've been up to. Don't judge on my web skill - it will improve with time. PROMISE!

I llloooooovvveeee to eat - especially desserts. So this place perked my interest. What sealed the deal for me was the lovely interior decorating that breathes fresh, country style feeling. I was drawn because of the aqua blue that's totally like my current living room's color scheme =)

interior seating.

There's an upper level but I've never been up yet. If you have, please leave a comment and let me know~

It's a small place so bringing cars might be difficult as there's enough room for ~1 car. =/

Ce la vie. It's typical of Phnom Penh though.

Overall, I was impress with the staff (all friendly and helpful), décor, and variety of food - abiet expensive.

I've been here twice and am always excited about the variety of cakes. This time, we ventured into ice creams. They have a food menu but I haven't ordered anything yet. But the pictures makes me drool.

I like the relax feeling this place offers. It's like a beautiful secret garden waiting for me. And when I wanted to take a photo, the staff even offered to up the lighting and a selfie stick. Talk about awesome servicio.

heart-shaped strawberry mousse






Review 1: heart-shaped strawberry mousse

My fave actually!!!! It was all strawberry goodness. In Cambodia, it's hard to have any real strawberry flavour. Delicate mousse with two small macaroons. The only downside was the itty bitty size. I really could have ate 3.

black forest cake
Review 2: black forest cake


It was a fairly decent black forest cake. It had the chocolate, the cherries, the fudgy cake, icing, and chocolate flakes. Overall it was a good cake to have with tea. I only wished I had tea to drink. Instead I was binge eating cakes and ice creams.

strawberry shortcake

Review 3: strawberry shortcake with passion mousse on top

Not one of the best as I had high expectations. The cake was dry and not enough strawberry filling. I really wanted a Vitamin C punch with the strawberry and passion.

cherry cheesecake










Review 4: cherry cheesecake with chocolate cookie crumb base

A classic. Cheesecake is really hard to do - especially walking in with high expectations of American cheesecake with decadent amounts of Philadelphia cream cheese. However, it's not American style and had a slightly more fluffy texture. I did enjoy the chocolate cookie crumb base though.




Review 5: tiramisu

Delicious. Enough said. It had the coffee chocolate taste that wasn't too overbearing for a non-coffee lover but loves tiramisu such as myself. It comes with an extra shot of espresso so beware if you want to get nasty at night.

tiramisu
matcha green tea affogato with strawberry ice cream







Review 6: matcha green tea affogato with strawberry ice cream

Affogato is an Italian "drowned" dessert usually with vanilla ice cream. In this affogato take, my strawberry ice cream is being drowned in matcha green tea. I felt it was mediocre and wasn't up for the price tag. The strawberry ice cream didn't leave a lasting impression while the matcha green tea tasted fake to me. Why? I've been to Japan several times and didn't feel like the strong Japanese matcha taste. It was more like Thai green tea.

chocolate affogato with oreo ice cream
end results

Review 7: chocolate affogato with oreo ice cream

It was sorta......................weird. Oreo ice cream: good
Chocolate affogato: awkward. It was a watery chocolate mix. Was I suppose to let the hot chocolate melt the oreo ice cream and then drink it? I'm not sure. But I didn't enjoy it.

I still like the place. I hope you'll try it out too and be swept in windy breeze to la paris. I would definitely visit again - so long as the discount still applies. You can visit their FB page below (link provided).

My take: A feel of Parisian afternoon café a la Phnom Penh.


Let me know your thoughts. Did you like it? Did you feel like it was a peaceful place to enjoy time with friends? Did you try other items on their menu? Shout it out in the comments below.

Thanks for reading.

XoXo V
* Sunny Up with V *

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message and follow me!